Popular Posts

Thursday 26 January 2012

Want to retire at peak of my career: Afridi

   Pakistan’s flamboyant all-rounder Shahid Afridi wants to retire at the peak of his career so that he is remembered among cricket’s legends.

“I have not as yet made up my mind when to call it quits. But certainly one thing I have decided is that I want to retire when I am performing well so that people remember me positively,” the 31-year-old said.

Last year, Afridi retired in protest after being stripped of the one-day team captaincy by the Pakistan Cricket Board. But he made a comeback to the national team for the ODI series against Sri Lanka last November.

“I want to retire when I feel I am at the peak of the career and have also contributed to Pakistan cricket as other legends of Pakistan cricket have done,” he said.

“I want to be remembered like Imran Khan, Javed Miandad or Wasim Akram are remembered today. And my ambition remains to reach a consistent scale of performance as these legends did in their careers,” Afridi added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...