Popular Posts

Monday 26 December 2011

VVS, Zaheer will be key players in Australia: Irfan

The Hindu Starry event: Cricketer Irfan Pathan signing an autograph on a bat during an event on Sunday. Photo: Nagara Gopal

‘Australian players will have a tough time bowling at Laxman, besides facing Zaheer'

In the India-Australia cricket series commencing with the Boxing Day Test match at Melbourne on Monday, V.V.S. Laxman and Zaheer Khan will be the key players making a difference between the two teams, according to cricketer Irfan Pathan.

“Sachin Tendulkar is everybody's favourite and my favourite is Laxman. He is ‘very very special' and Australian players will have a tough time bowling at him, besides facing Zaheer,” said Irfan Pathan here on Sunday.

Participating in a flash cricket match organised by Nokia as part of its ‘The Amazing Everyday' campaign at GVK One Mall, the bowler said all the hype about green pitches and bouncy tracks would not affect Indian players.

“India played very well in the last couple of tours to Australia and this is a very good opportunity for the team to win a test series in Australia,” said Irfan.

“It is always good to play against Australia and I still remember my childhood days when I used to get up early and watch the match live on television,” he said. On not being picked in the team for Australia, he said, “I cannot comment on this. My job is to play well and enjoy the game. I am happy that I made a comeback to the national side against the West Indies and will continue to play well.”

On his plans for this New Year eve, he said, “I will be at home celebrating with my family members.”

Meanwhile, a few visitors at the mall had great fun playing along with Irfan Pathan in a flash cricket match. The cricketer bowled and batted for some time along with the visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...